1-3 Day Programs
10-17 Day Programs
- Basic Practices of the Himalayan Tradition as Taught by Swami Rama (October 31 – November 10, 2017 & 2018)
- Science of Joyful Living (September 30 – October 10, 2017 & 2018)
- Self Transformation Program (March 31-April 10, and May 31-June 10, 2017 & 2018)
4-9 Day Programs
- 5-Day Winter Yoga Retreat (December 18-22, 2017 & December 29-January 2, 2018)
- 5-Day Yoga Retreat (July 27-31, & August 1-5, 2017)
- Guided Silence Retreat (August 13-16, 2017 & January 21-25, 2018)
- Meditation and Its Practice (April 21-24, July 20-23, August 31-September 3, November 23-26, December 7-10, 2017)
- Outer Stillness & Inner Silence (July 1-7, 2017 & 2018)
- Practices for the Subtle Body (March 8-11, 2018)
Self-Guided Meditation Retreat (ongoing)
- Facilities: The ashram offers single, double, and dormitory accommodation. Rooms have two beds and an attached bath. Dormitories have four beds per room with an attached bath (men and women separate). Please specify if you cannot climb stairs. Three delicious vegetarian meals are served daily. Books and CDs by Swami Rama, Swami Veda, and others are available in our bookstore/gift shop, as well as assorted gift items. Telephone and internet facility are also available in the reception office. A library is available for browsing books, or viewing DVD lectures.
- Dress code and conduct: Visitors are requested to wear loose, modest clothing. Tight jeans, tights, tube tops, tank tops, spaghetti strap tops, sleeveless tops, plunging necklines or backs, miniskirts, shorts, are not allowed for either men or women. Tops should be short sleeve or long sleeve, and pants should be loose fitting to accommodate yoga and sitting postures. Public displays of emotion are not appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Silence: Silence is observed in the ashram from 10:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m., and during meals.
- Guard Dogs: The ashram dogs patrol the premises from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. Visitors are advised not to engage the dogs.
- Registration: Participants must be at least 18 years of age to apply. The ashram does not grant accommodation for children under the age of 12 years. Foreigners are required to bring their passport and visa with them. Please register in advance for all programs. Our programs require the participant to complete an online application form for approval. Please fill out the online application form on the Registration page. You will be contacted by email after your form is submitted.
- What to Bring: The ashram provides linens and towels. Please bring your own toiletries. You may also wish to bring an alarm clock, flashlight, hatha yoga mat, umbrella, insect repellent, water bottle, 500 ml. thermos, and walking shoes. Modest, casual, comfortable clothing is recommended.
- House-keeping: House-keeping is the responsibility of each visitor. Sadhana Mandir staff are not authorized to clean your room while you occupy it.
- Caution: Though the ashram is located on the banks of the holy river Ganga, we do not allow visitors to swim in the river. The dams can release water at any unexpected time and swimmers have been known to be swept away. There are also water snakes. Not to mention dead bodies that are occasionally submerged in the river. There are wild animals in the jungle across from the ashram, including tigers, leopards, mad elephants, snakes, boars, and so on. We do not allow visitors to walk in the jungle. Please be advised that any visitor unwilling to respect the ashram’s policies may be asked to leave the ashram.
- Note: Smoking is not allowed in the ashram. Illicit drugs and alcohol are not permitted.
- The ashram reserves the right to substitute teachers should it become necessary.